Last Updated on August 22, 2022 by Admin Wells
It’s no secret that fireplaces are a popular home addition. They’re not only aesthetically pleasing but can also add value to your life. If you’re thinking about adding a fireplace to your home, you may also consider adding fireplace glass doors.
Those who want to add the traditional hearths with chimneys might also benefit from glass doors. These doors can keep the family safe while also adding aesthetics to the room. These are the following benefits when you add the glass doors to your hearth:
1. Adds Safety
Adding a fireplace glass door to your home can help improve the safety of your home in several ways. It can help keep small children and pets away from the fire, and it can help prevent embers from flying out of the hearth and starting a fire elsewhere in your home. Heat loss can also be controlled with the help of the right door.
These barriers will reduce the hazards often associated with burning logs. They prevent injuries and the escape of flammable wood embers into the room. No stray logs or sparks can escape when you have Watson’s wood burning fireplace glass doors, and you’ll have peace of mind that your wooden floors and furniture will not catch fire. The protective screen will also keep the kids away from the hearth.
2. Lower Utility Bills
Chimneys can increase your cooling or heating utilities since they are not sealed. They let the air enter and escape your home, especially in the case of an open fireplace. This is similar to a window left open even if the air conditioner or the heater is in full blast. With the right glass seals, your home’s energy efficiency can significantly improve, and you’ll find yourself paying a lower amount in your utilities each month.
3. Better Heat in the Winter
With the traditional wood-burning hearth, you’ll find that they have a charm that can’t be compared to other additions to the home. However, they can be inadequate when it comes to heating an entire room.
Specialists say that only about 10% is converted into heat, and this is where you might want to consider an iridescent glass door that can give you more warmth, especially during the colder months. You can also keep the smoke out and decrease instances of sudden downdrafts that are generally coming down from the chimney. See more about keeping the house warm when the weather is cold on this page.
4. Give your Home a Makeover
If you’re considering giving your home a makeover, one of the best ways to do so is by adding a fireplace with aesthetic-looking glass doors. Not only will this give your home a more polished and stylish look, but it can also help to improve its energy efficiency. The right additions help keep heat in, so your fireplace will be more efficient at heating your home. Additionally, they can also help to prevent drafts and retain heat better.
How to Choose the Right One?
- The masonry hearths were constructed from natural stones and bricks and held together by mortars. These are very common in older homes, and when you look at the interior, you’ll find that the installation of the bricks and stones is consistent. This is a zero-clearance hearth where the exterior is covered fully with clay, not vinyl.
- When you have these, you might want to consider the custom-made glass doors for the specific hearth you have at home. There might also be pre-fab units, but they might cover the inlets that are often prevalent in metal fireplaces. When the air inlets are fully covered, this can be a fire hazard, so always choose the custom-made pre-fab doors for your hearth at home.
The Right Style is Essential
- Now that you have a good idea about the doors you want to install in your home, you might want to browse online for available options. You can see the ones made up of different materials, sizes, and finishes. Get more ideas about styles on this webpage: https://www.thespruce.com/living-room-fireplace-ideas-4135942.
- Depending on your taste, they can be elegant, rustic, modern, or vintage. They can come with various features such as spark protection, beautiful colors, glass tints, and hand styles. You can customize your door according to your needs and keep your family safe at the same time.
Measurements are Important
- You need to know the hearth’s dimensions and note its location. The figures are going to help you which doors are right for you. You can choose between tailor-made and stock doors. However, you should prioritize their functionality more than their looks.
- The stock glass covers might not have a good fit, and this is where you need to consider the custom-made ones. The proper fit is very important for heat efficiency and performance. When everything does not fit properly, this can result in accidents or fire hazards.
Leave a Reply